Accolades & Awards
LHD Retirement Recognition and Awards
John Ludwig has been nominated for and received several prestigious industry awards, including:
- Named a finalist in the 2019 PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year1
- Named to the 2019 edition of the Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisers2
- Named by 401kwire as one of the Top 50 Advisors in Defined Contribution in 20123
- Named by PLANADVISER Magazine as one of the top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers in 2012, 2013, and 20144
- Nominated for 2014 Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year by PLANSPONSOR Magazine1
- John Ludwig, Finalist—Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year 2015 by PLANADVISER Magazine1
- John Ludwig was named as one of The Financial Times 2015 Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors5
1 Finalists for this award were judged based on the following criteria: They have a majority of business revenue derived from employer-sponsored retirement plans; serve as a fiduciary; are committed to fee-based compensation; and use outcome-based metrics of plan success with clients.
2 Awarded to financial advisors advising at least $75 million in defined contribution (DC) plan assets where DC plans represent at least 20% of total AUM. Graded on several criteria, including growth in DC plans and assets, plan participation rates, experience and industry certifications, and compliance record.
3 Based on reader votes, input from distributors and statistics about advisor practice gathered directly from nominees.
4 Nominees for Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers are nominated by industry professionals and selected based on quantitative evaluation of service levels and feedback from plan sponsor clients. Advisors who have attained the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professional Designation receive an automatic nomination.
5 2015 Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors minimum criteria: financial advisors managing at least $25 million in defined contribution (DC) plan assets and for whom DC plans represent at least 20% of total AUM. Selected based on eight broad factors, including DC plan AUM, DC specialization, growth in DC plan assets and number of plans, average participation rate in advised plans, years of experience, industry certifications, and compliance record.